Monday, March 11, 2013

Weekly WIP - 1/6 Sailor Moon (Part 1)

I've mentioned it a few times, but I'm working on Sailor Moon kit for a friend. It's really just been sitting around for a few months and since I need a break from all the sanding for the Nightingale, I thought I'd start painting this kit. Was going ok until I got to the hair. When I was painting the base coat, it fell and landed in a pile of dust. Although I hate redoing parts, there was no way around redoing this one. Stripped the paint. This time during priming it fell. Fortunately, not much in the way of damage here. But, it does mean I have to take a new approach to painting this part. I think I'm going to paint half, wait for the paint to dry, paint the other half, wait for the paint to dry, highlight the first half, wait for the paint to dry, highlight the second half, wait for the paint to dry, then detail paint. Given that, I think it will be at least a week and likely 2 before this kit is finished. Here are some pic of the parts as they stand now.







Well that's pretty much it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment