Sunday, April 1, 2012

Weekly WIP - G Bouncer (Part 1)

I know what you're thinking, another kit?! Well this kit has a purpose. I'm using it to sample colors for the Full Armor XN Raiser. I'm painting this kit to look one of Setsuna F Seiei mobile suites. This kit has a lot similarity to those kit so I figured this would be a fun and purposeful recolor. Got 90% of the parts painted. The shoulders have a nasty seam line right down the middle. Also, the collar is not a separate piece. After paint the blue dries, I need to mask and paint yellow.


Here is one of the white parts. I think it looks pretty good. There's just one problem. It's not really white. It's actually a light grey. Going to need to throw on another coat of white.


Next up is red. Used the same reds that I did on my MG 00 Gundam - Reborns colors. Right now you can see the shade because the base color is flat and the shade color is glossy. I was pretty happy with this color on the other kit, so I'm thinking it will look good here. May be a tad bit too dark though.


Next are the blue parts. Shade seems to have faded out. Barely visible. Hopefully this will be fixed with a flat coat.


Lastly are the gray parts. Not sure I like this color. I thought the color was a glossy dark gray, but it's actually metallic. Not sure how well shading will turn out. So far it looks ok, but I'm curious to see what happens with a flat coat.


Well that's all for now.

What else I'm into...
Youtube! Just started a channel (check it out!) to show off my completed kit. Well at least that's the plan. May expand in the future. Only have one video right now, but I'm sure that will change. Feel free to provide some feedback.


No comments:

Post a Comment