Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekly WIP - MG Strike Freedom (Part 6)

What I'm working on...
Before getting started, I'd like to thanks those from the MAC Forum that have shown their support and provided some valuable advice. 

Finished the waist.



Not very happy with the results. Decals silvered. Panel lines don't look good. There's scratches. Paint didn't on on very well. Just overall, I'm not pleased. So to hopefully prevent this on the rest of the kit, I decided to take a step back. 

Snapped together a NG 1/100 Exia.


Snapped together a SD Unicorn Gundam


Lastly, I pinned together a resin kit for the first time. It was a fun experience. Resin is a very different plastic than what bandai uses. If you're looking for a different challenge, I highly recommend trying out a resin kit.



After all of that, I got back to the Strike Freedom. Sanded down all the nubs on the chest and legs. Other than two parts on the legs, there no other seam lines to remove. But I'll be covering all that in more detail next time.

What else I'm into...
The League! I love this show. Very funny. Even for those that don't like fantasy football (or sports in general), I highly recommend this show.

Great Lakes Oktoberfest. I believe it's only available in northeast Ohio, but if you're in the area check it out. One of my favorite beers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment