Monday, February 20, 2012

Weekly WIP - AGE-2 Normal (Part 1)

Been working like crazy on my kit for the HLJ competition. Only two weeks left. Not sure I'm going to make it but the end is in sight. As if that wasn't enough, I decided to enter the iShop2go AGE-2 Normal competition. Might not have been a good idea given the time constraints (it ends the same day as the HLJ competition).



I got the kit snapped together pretty quickly. Then I started rushing the sanding. Didn't seem to be an issue until I started painting. You can really see some of the scratched that I missed. Anyways, here are some pics of the parts in their current state. Some need a gloss coat for panel lining.


Others are ready for a flat coat.


And others need to be painted.



As for the paint, here are the colors I am using.




 


The dark purple/blue is 2 parts blue, 2 parts black, 3 parts purple.

Right now, I think this is one of my better paint jobs. Unfortunately, my poor prep job is taking away from that. Well hopefully with some clean panel lining and creative posing, I can cover most of that up.

What else I'm into...
Don't have much time for other stuff with these two competitions, but while I've waited for paint or putty to dry, I've returned to playing Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3. I know I've mentioned this game a lot, but what can I say. I love it! If you haven't checked it out, do so. And remember, respect the foot dive!


*Check out more tips, tricks, and commentary from Maximilian's youtube channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment