Sunday, November 27, 2011

Weekly WIP - MG Strike Freedom (Part 10)

What I'm working on...
So after I week off, I got back to work the Strike Freedom... and it's been a nightmare. Every little bit has been fighting me. First, there are tons of seam lines on the wings. Been trying to figure out how to do the frame for the wings. There are a lot of different pars for the movable wing gimmick. So far everything is going ok, but I worry they wont be able to hold the weight. Might use crazy glue instead of the normal modeling glue.



Started priming the armor for the left leg, left arm, and some of the left wings. 


The painting started off great. Primer was spraying real nice on the first funnel. 


Then I got to the second piece, another funnel. As you can see below, that one didn't go nearly as well. 


After a lot of playing around with the airbrush I discovered the problem was the primer drying on the tip of the airbrush. I have no idea why it was doing this. Never happened before. Tried a few different things to fix the problem, but nothing worked. So I wiped the tip of the airbrush every minute or two to help prevent this. For the most part this worked. Took FOREVER, but it got the job done. Now I've just got to clean up before I continue painting. Fortunately, not all pieces are as bad as this one.


Well that's all for now. Hopefully things will go better next week and I can get the arm and leg done.

What else I'm into...
Hanna. Saw the movie this week and I found it to be surprisingly good. If you haven't seen it, give it a shot.

Do not try Southern Comfort Fiery Pepper. It is terrible. It may be the worst drink I've ever had. I can't believe there was someone somewhere that tried it and said "WOW! They should sell this!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment