Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekly WIP - 1/100 MG Marasai (Part 2)

Been doing some work on the Marasai. Progress has been a bit slow as I've been trying out a few different things on this kit. Not use to doing some shiny metallic paint job. Basically, the process has become fairly routine now. For the parts that are going to remain chrome, first is a coat of enamel black gloss. Then a coat of Alclad Klear Kote. Future fogs the chrome and takes away the shine. For the blue parts, the process starts the same, black then chrome. Then I sprayed a few coats of Vallejo Transparent Blue. I really like this paint and color. Then I put on 3 coats of future. Then panel lined and added decals. Then another 3 or 4 coats of future. The dark blue is a similar process. Just swapped the chrome with the steel. The black parts also went through a similar process. I swapped the chrome with metallic black and skipped the blue. That's pretty much where I am now. Still have some polishing to do. I'll be explaining that process in the next WIP. With all that said, here are some photos.












Here are the rest of the parts and nice and clean.



What else I'm into...
The return of How I Met Your Mother. I love this show and the new season is starting in a few minutes. Got to run. So until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment