Friday, September 7, 2012

What's in the box? - AMT 1/25 Chevy Camero SS/RS Coupe


Recently picked up this kit for a local competition. I've never built a model car before and I've got a feeling that most gunpla modelers haven't either. So here is the first of a series of post going from unboxing to completion comparing my experience of building a model car to building gunpla.

With that said, here's a tour of the box. Very nice photos. There's just one issue. They appear to be of the actual car and not of the kit. Nice for reference, but not so good for what I should be looking for.




So here's what's in the box.


Got some promo stuff. Interesting, but not really relevant for me.


Next up are the instructions. There are instructions in 6 different languages. Pretty neat feature. I know impractical, but it would be if Bandai could do the same. Maybe continue with the nice manuals and some cheap B/W pages for the stories and info pages. Since I only know English, I don't have a need for the others.






Up next are the parts. The plastic feels a little different than Bandai plastic. Seems like something in between Bandai plastic and the plastic knock off companies use. Feels very clean and smooth. Interesting. Wonder what it's like to work with.




Vinyl parts. This is new. Going to need to do some research to find out how to clean these up. Not sure what the rods are for. Axles?


Clear parts are really nice. Maybe it's just the shape but these are much more clear than Bandai's clear parts.


Chrome parts are really nice. I don't have any experience with Bandai's titanium finish kits so I can't do a comparison. But these are shinny enough to see my reflection.


Last up are some water slide decals. I think they are pre-cut, but I'm unsure at the moment. They look pretty nice. But an Indiana license plate isn't going to cut it. Guess I'm going to have make my own California one.


Well that's all for the unbox. Time to snap it together...

No comments:

Post a Comment