Monday, May 7, 2012

Weekly WIP - Full Armor XN Raiser (Part 9)

Another quick update. It's not going to look like I did much, but it takes a long time to shade parts. Here are the gray parts.



For the white and blue parts, I managed to do the panel lining. Tried something different. I used the base color to do the panel lines. My thinking is that with a shade, the color should fade to a dark color. I think black is often too dark. So I figured I'd try the base color. For the blue I think it works really well.





For the white, I'm not as confident. I think it looks ok, I'm thinking about doing a darker gray. Undecided at this point.





As you can see the paint isn't as smooth as I would like. Especially on the white. I'm pretty sure this is caused from my dusting coat. I think I'm just going to do another 2 clear coats and hope it levels out a little more before I try adding decals.

What else I'm into...
The Avengers. Saw the movie over the weekend. It's pretty awesome. Glad to see that the movie wasn't all hype. Favorite part, Hulk vs Loki. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.



Crossed Badlands. This is another story in the Crossed universe... and it's written by Garth Ennis! I highly, highly recommend the first three issues of this series. It's very good. Not familiar with Crossed? Check out it out on Wikipedia.



No comments:

Post a Comment