Monday, January 2, 2012

Weekly WIP - Full Armor 00XN Raiser (Part 1)

It's finally time for the Mecha 2012 Contest on the MAC Forum. For my entry I will be building what I am calling the Full Armor 00XN Raiser. It's going to be a combination of the 00 Raiser, 00 Seven Sword/G, a 1/100 XN Raiser resin conversion kit, a Celestial Being Action Base, and some parts I will be recasting/scratch building.


My entry has been approved so it's time to start snapping this beast together. After roughly 15 hours, I'm still not really close to snapping the parts I have together. First thing I did was drop the resin parts in some Purple Power. Then I began on the Bandai kits. First I snapped together the action base. Then I build the 00 Seven Sword/G kit. After that I build the 0 Raiser. At this point the kit is too heavy for the base as it is. I've moved the connection point to the back of the kit. Looks like this will work, but some modifications will be need to be made to make the connection more secure. After a really long soak, I pulled the resin out of the purple power, rinsed, and started putting the resin conversion kit together. Managed to break a part. Nothing major and problem wont be noticed once cleaned up. Check out the results.





That's all for this week. Hopefully I'll have everything snapped together so that I can plan out the other parts that I want to add.

What else I'm into...
Nothing. Had a three day weekend and a lot of it was spent building this kit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment