Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekly WIP - Full Armor XN Raiser (Part 5)

Final received my HG kits to build the 1/144 scale XN Raiser. I needed this kit because the instruction that come with the 1/100 resin version are hard to follow and the images are inconsistent. With this new information, I've begun cleaning up the resin conversion parts. Needed to do some puttying and a ton of sanding. There's more cleaning up still to do, but I think I'm getting close.


Next up are some comparison shots. You can see how the shapes match. The added detail in the resin parts really make it look like it belongs with this master grade. Oddly, a few of the HG parts are hallow. Seems kind of lazy by Bandai. Then again these are upgrade parts and not a standard kit so maybe that's normal.







Since I know which direction parts are suppose to be, I can do a proper test fit. Other than the center piece which is slightly warped, there's not much to do. I'm going to try heating it up and bending it. I've never attempted this before, but I don't see a better approach. Given the shape of the part, I think this is going to be difficult.


What else I'm into...
Something a little different this time. So if you've read this blog before, you know I'm a fan of comics. I tend to go for the super hero, action packed, and over the top kind of books. But every now and then, I go outside the box and try something different. This time is with a book called Daytripper. I was at my local comic shop last week and was recommended this book. I was told it's a lesser know book, but it's selling really well and everyone that has purchased it loves it. All I was told about it was that it snap shots in the life of an obituary writer and to not read the back cover. So I took the gamble and gave the book a shot. It was a very interesting read. I didn't love it, but it was very thought provoking, nice change of pace, and most importantly it was entertaining. Check it out if you get a chance.


No comments:

Post a Comment