Sunday, November 13, 2011

Weekly WIP - MG Strike Freedom (Part 9)

What I'm working on...
Finally got to do some final assembly (probably my favorite part). Finished the chest. 



Not to happy about the deacls, but I'm pretty pleased with the rest. It's not perfect but it's probably some of my best work to date. 

Next up, I got to assemble the leg. From the front it looks pretty good. The gold paint is thicker than normal paint so a lot of the frame parts are very stiff. I broke 2 parts trying to get them to fit together. Also makes it hard attach the armor. On the plus side, no glue necessary. Those parts are not coming off. 



From the front it looks good. Just noticed that the ankle armor isn't right. There is some gold that needs to be added. Looks like I'll be doing that by hand. The back needs some work too. Need to do some seam line removal on one part. Once that's done I think I'll have something pretty nice.


Since I only have one leg done, I can do before/after shots.


I'm pretty pleased with this. The red, white, and blues look really good, but more importantly is the gold. Looks great shinning through the flat armor colors. The wash brings out a lot more detail too. I'm pretty happy with the outcome. 



Currently sanding and cleaning the one of the arms, one of the guns, the other leg, and the back pack. Lots of seem lines on the gun and a huge one going all the way around the back pack. But I'll go into that next week.

What else I'm into...
Great Lakes Christmas Ale! So it's pretty tough to find. You can only find this in north east Ohio and even then it sells out pretty fast. But if you can over come all that, give it a shot. It's really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment