Thursday, September 29, 2011

What's in the box? - Wonder Woman

Received a new resin figure today. It is a figure of Wonder Woman (purchased from e2046). I've been a fan of Marvel and DC Bishoujo figures so when I found one I could actually paint I was pretty excited. I've also pre- ordered the Psylocke one as well. Still waiting on that one though. Now on to the box.


Unlike my previous one, the box is in prefect condition. There's what I'm discovering is the usual stuff on top. Instructions/parts list...


and a picture.


Then there are the parts.


The spears appear pretty warped. Hopefully that isn't a big issue. Casting seems pretty good. There aren't any noticeable imperfections. But I'll hold off final judgement until I actually get to work on a resin kit. Seems odd that the hair is a clear plastic. Not sure what that's about. Hopefully it wont cause any problems.

So if you've been following the blog you know that I've ordered and received a few resin kits in the past two weeks. I've avoided describing my impressions of the package because I didn't know what to expect. But now that I've opened a few I've developed a reasonable opinion of what I expect to see when I open a kit.
  • Large parts sheet. I like the parts sheet that got with the Kanu kit. It's a photo of the parts laid out in actual size. Makes it very easy to see if you have all of the parts.
  • Instructions. I got those with Clare and Wonder Woman, but not Kanu. It's not really a necessity as building a figure is fairly intuitive but there may be a stray part that I have no idea what to do with.
  • Colored photos. Yes, plural. I've been pretty disappointed that there isn't at least a front and back photo. 
  • Quality parts. I'm still getting a feel for resin, but I think I have a good idea of what a good casting looks like. 
  • Bonuses. I like how the Clare kit comes with two different arms. Or how the Clare and Wonder Woman kits come with bases.
In addition to describing what's in the box I'm going to give my impression of the future packages.

No comments:

Post a Comment