Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What's in the box? - Bandai Decal Package

I've often wondered what's in a Bandai decal package, but haven't really been able to find out. I've never used decals before, but since I'm building a MG Strike Freedom and want it to look great, I ordered some. This is what the package looks like.


It's surprisingly small. I don't know why I thought they would be bigger. Obviously they are 1/100 in scale, so of course they're small. The decal sheet itself is 4 x 5.5 in. So what's inside?


Not much really. You get a sheet of decals (front and back below)...


and the backing with directions on how to apply the decals (in Japanese of course). 



There are no directions of where to place them. Other than two very small pictures there are no references on where to place things. In the instruction manual for the MG Strike Freedom there is information on where to place the decals. At first glance it appears that there are more decals on the sheet than in the instruction booklet. Won't know if that's the case until I finish the kit, but I'll be sure to update this post when I get the answer. Hope this was helpful.

-Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment