Sunday, November 6, 2011

Weekly WIP - MG Strike Freedom (Part 8)

After a little unplanned hiatus I'm back at work on the Strike Freedom!

What I'm working on...
Got the inner frame for the chest and one of the legs painted. Still need to gloss coat, then panel line, then gloss again before taking pics. Also got the armor for the chest and one of the legs mostly painted. The dark blue looks bad in the photo, but that's actually the paint catching the light. The purple is actually a semi metallic purple. When it's hit with a flat coat, the end result should look good (check out the base below).



Gloss coated and did the decals too. They're setting better than they did on the waist section, but it's still not going on right. Micro Set/Sol worked with the decals I got from Samuel Decal, but they don't seem to be working with the Bandai ones. Going to take a trip to the local hobby shop before I do any more decals to see if there are other solutions.


The leg has one bad seam line. My plan is to paint the frame, paint the armor, attach the armor, mask off the exposed frame, remove the seam line, and lastly repaint the armor. This is the best solution I can come up with.  



On the positive side, I finally got the base done. My masking skills need some improvement, but with a little touch up, I think it looks ok. Since it's the base, I'm hoping it wont draw too much attention. At a distance, the base looks pretty good, but up close the defects are pretty noticeable. 





What else I'm into...
The Walking Dead. Both the show and the comic. I love the show. Lots of exciting twists and turns. That being said, the comic book is better. More zombies, more surprises, and Michonne! She is awesome. If you haven't checked out the Walking Dead, you really should give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment