Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekly WIP - Full Armor 00XN Raiser (Part 3)

So I don't have much to show this week. I decided this week that if I have any chance of competing with guys like Matt Tomzcek, fl1pme1ster, and Matt Morzek in the resin category, I need to do more than just a conversion kit. Given that, I will be adding LEDs to this kit. Lots of them. Looking at 15-20 right now. Not sure I can get that many in there, but I'm going to try. Spent most of the week researching and ordering/acquiring parts. Have everything I need... except LEDs. They're ordered and on their way. In the mean time I got so lousy LEDs from RadioShack so that I can start fitting them. Not going as I expected. Getting the LEDs to fit has been difficult but I've got an idea how to get most of them in there. The part I'm stuck on is getting switches in there. Going to need some time to work that out.

I do have one image to show. It's to show the size of the XN Raiser. This thing is huge. It's bigger than the 00 Gundam! I think that's actually kind of funny... until I try to get it on a stand. It's too back heavy for an action base with the special add on piece that comes with the kit. I'm going to have to make a mod to get this thing to stay up.


Well next week will be dedicated to my HLJ contest kit, so no Weekly WIP next week.


What else I'm into...
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron. I don't know anything about this game, but this might be the best game trailer I've ever seen. Plus... GRIMLOCK! Seriously, why couldn't the movies be like this?  Check out the trailer below.


No comments:

Post a Comment