Thursday, December 29, 2011

What's in the box? - 1/100 NG F90II - L Type

Just sort of felt like building something to get my gunpla juices flowing after my Christmas vacation. Had a 1/100 No Grade F90II - L Type just lying around which I figured would be a quick and simple build. First saw this kit a long long time ago, but couldn't afford it at the time. When I went back for it, it was gone. So a year or so ago when I saw it again, I had to buy it. Problem is, I have a backlog of kits now so who knows when I'll get around to painting it. But at least I have it! Enough talking. Time to see what's in the box.


First up the manual. Bandai's instruction manuals have come a long way since 1991 when this guy came out.


And then some stickers. These stickers are very different from modern day stickers. Fairly thin and feel more paper like.


Lastly, the important part. The kit itself! The lettering for this kit jumps around. Looks like some these parts are reused in other kits. The first runner is B. This has the blue, yellow, and multi-color parts.


That's right. I said multi-color parts. Interesting to see a single piece with yellow, blue, and red. Not sure why Bandai stopped this, but it's interesting and much nicer than stickers. Seems weird that they only did it for some parts and not others. Seems like the shield could use this.


Next up the C plate. This is all of the white armor pieces.


The next runner is E. This has all of the red parts. Seems to be a second back piece. The manual doesn't indicate unused parts, so I'm curious to see what else is extra.


Next there are all of the grey joints and weapons on the F, L1, and L2 plates.



Lastly there are some polycaps, 2 clear beam sabers, and the eyes. I'm not a fan of the blade and handle in one piece, but I like this blue color. I don't generally use beam sabers on my kits, but I think I'm going to find one to use these.


I'm looking forward to snapping this guy together. Look at all of those accessories!

No comments:

Post a Comment