Sunday, October 9, 2011

Weekly WIP - MG Strike Freedom (Part 5)

What I'm working on...
Been working on the waist. Got all of the parts painted.


Started putting panel lining.


Not looking as good as I would like. Erased a lot of detail during the clean up part. Going to take a second application. Also added some decals. Used Micro Set and Micro Sol.



Decals aren't cooperating. You can still see the clear parts of the decal. Not sure what's going on. Going to add another coat of Micro Sol to see if that does the trick. 

Even though last week I said I was giving up on the base stand part of the base, I kept working on it. Was watching a vid from mvm3897 where he was talking about the primer he used. Said there were other primers that he didn't like because they were too thick and therefore hid details. Then it hit me. Hidden details are exactly what I need! So I went and got myself some "bad" primer. Masked off the detailed part of the base and re-primed. Took 2 or 3 coats and some wet sanding, but I think i finally got the look I want.


What else I'm into...
Normally I mention other things I'm into, but this week is going to be different. If you've followed the not so subtle indications that I'm a huge Raiders fan. This week Raider Nation lost it's leader, Al Davis. So instead of mentioning what I'm into, I'm going to take a moment of silence. 


JUST WIN BABY!

No comments:

Post a Comment