Friday, October 14, 2011

What's in the box? - Vash the Stampede

Vash the Stampede

So I'm in a bit of a resin figure phase. I was pretty pleased with the ones that I had, but I discovered this one and had to have it. No offense to the various Gundam series, but Trigun is my favorite anime series and Vash is one of my favorite heroes period. How can you not love a guy that not only saves the day, but drinks, hits on women, and eats doughnuts while doing it. On to the box!

The box was in good shape. Too bad it's what's in the box was a bit of a disappointment. There's only one photo. This seems to be fairly standard from e2046, but it's not a very good reference photo. It doesn't show the whole figure. It's not that big of a deal since the website has more photos, but I still find it disappointing.


The parts list is pretty lousy. The photo isn't blurry. That's just how the instructions look. It's really hard to tell which small pieces are which. There's also no instructions for assembly. Sure it's a figure and it's pretty intuitive, but it can be helpful for the accessories and detail parts.


The piece look ok.


Doesn't appear that the bottom of the jacket fits. Annoying, but that's not a big deal. After going through a few kits, I sort of expect that some pieces will be warped.


The glasses seem very fragile. There's a pretty good chance I break these. For some reason, I also don't seem them on the parts list. Kind of weird.


I also seem to have two sets of hair. They may not look identical in the photo, but I think that's just because of the angle. In person, I can't find any difference. Not sure what this is about, but I'm going to guess that somebody is missing the part in their kit.


So I'm not very happy with the presentation, but the kit itself seems to be in good shape and that's the most important part. Unfortunately, I think this kit is way above my skill level so it's going to be a while before I give it a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment