Sunday, April 22, 2012

Weekly WIP - Full Armor XN Raiser (Part 7)

Sorry about last week. Just sort of forgot to post. Been doing a lot prep work. Getting ready to do some painting. Managed to prime a lot of parts. This should be everything to make the 0 Raiser and a few of the weapons.


I have them separated by color. Below are images of the white, gray, and blue parts. The parts on the right look good. Parts on the left need some more work.




What kind of work? Well the glue didn't hold on some parts (see below). But for the most parts it's just cleaning up scratches and filling in imperfections in the plastic. Tried to photograph those, but I couldn't get the camera to focus on such small details.


Once all that is done I can get to painting. All paints are Model Master Enamel paint. Here is the color pallet I'll be using:

For the white parts, I'll be using Light Sea Gray for the base and Classic White for the highlight. I've used this combination on my 00 Gundam - Reborns Colors as well as my SD Unicorn and I'm pretty happy with the results.

For the red parts, I'll be using Insignia Red for the base and Guard Red for the highlight. I used this combination my 00 Gundam - Reborns Colors and I think it looks pretty good. I'm a little worried it's going to be a tad bit dark, but there's less than 10 red parts, so I think it will work.

For the blue parts, I'll be using Blue Angle Blue for the base and French Blue for the highlight. If you follow the build on the MAC Forum, you'll know that I had an issue with the blue since the blue in the decals didn't match the color of the plastic. So after some advice (thanks again for the help guys!), I decided to try and find paint that matches the decals. This is as close as I can get without having to mix paint. 


For the gray parts, I'll be using Classic Black for the base and Grun Rml 72 for the highlight. So the gray is kind of tricky. Under really bright light it appears much lighter than the gray of the plastic. Under normal lighting though they look almost identical. 



For the yellow parts, I'll be using Go Mango for the base and Cadmium Yellow Light for the highlight. Had a really hard time capturing the actual color on camera. This is pretty close. There are only 3 yellow parts so I' not really concerned with it.


What else I'm into...


If you haven't already done so, check this game out. It's a blast. Really cool art style. Really in depth fighting. A pretty decent story mode (which is rare in fighting games). Need a little more convincing? Check out the trailer below.


My favorite character so far is Valentine. She's a ninja nurse. That's right a ninja nurse. I don't really know what I'm doing in the game (as I'm not a hardcore gamer) but she was easy for me to figure out. Well the basics anyway.


1 comment:

  1. Interesting game, might check it out once it comes out in PC later this year.

    ReplyDelete