Sunday, March 11, 2012

Weekly WIP - Goddess of Death (Part 1)

So I've hit a roadblock with my Mecha 2012 contest entry. The images and instructions for the XN Raiser do not make sense. Parts are reversed and I'm not sure about certain detail. To help fix this, I've ordered the HG version produced by Bandai. While I wait for that to arrive, I've started another project. Trying something a little different. Going to try and make a Gundam Girl. However, I'm not interested in making your standard Gundam Girl. I think it's the "girl" part I don't care for. Why can't they be more on the sexy side? Well that's what I'm going to try for. So I'm going to try and make an attractive Deathscythe Hell Gundam Girl, which I will call the Goddess of Death. I will be combining the MG Deathscythe Hell and the resin Herald of Hell Airi (unboxing) kit from e2046.

I have no intention of rushing this kit, but in case I finish it before July1, I took a few photos so that it can be entered in the Mecha 2012 contest.



Started putting the kit together. Looks great. I'm really happy with it.


As far as the kit itself, only a few things to do. First up are the seam lines for the arms. Not a big deal. Only minor gaps to fill. Very happy with this.



Other fix is the dress. Yes I'm keeping the dress. Adding the chest and skirt armor seems boring to me. Unfortunately, the dress parts just do not fit. Not sure what I'm going to do with that. Going to try the heating thing and see if I can get them to fit together. I've never done it before, so my guess is the dress wont be clear (or clear-ish). I think I'm going to need putty and pla plate to fill the gap. I tried taking a photo but I couldn't get the back to stay on.

Next up is getting adding the Deathscythe Hell parts. Legs appear to be the perfect size. All I need to do is is add a little pla plate to make a connector for the knee.


Arms wont be so easy. They don't match at all. The plan is to just extend the piece. But as you can see, it's a pretty big extension.





Next up is the head. I have to get rid of the maid headband. That's not going to work at all. Not sure what I'm going to do there though. Might just make a simple headband. The biggest head issue I have is with the V fin. I like the way the bangs hang and I have no idea how to add a V fin so that it doesn't look like I just glued it on. Anyone have a suggestion?


Lastly are the wings. No image because I don't know what I'm going to do there. I think the only problem with the wings is going to be the attachment to the back.

Well that's all for now.

What else I'm into...
MARCH MADNESS!!!! I love the NCAA tournament. It's my favorite sporting event not involving the Raiders. Well the brackets just came out. Don't have much more to say about this now, but I'll have more in few days once I fill my bracket out.



No comments:

Post a Comment