Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What's in the box - 1/35 Citroën Traction 11CV Staff Car

Received this kit as part of a gift exchange at my local modeling club. I'd like to tell you something about the kit or the vehicle, but I don't know anything about either. So this will quite the learning experience.

First up, the box. It's about the size of an HG. Nice artwork. Not many images of the actual kit though.






So what's in the box? Few bags of parts, some instructions, stencils for masking of the clear parts, and some decals.


First up is the manual. It's all black and white. Personally, I'm not a fan of that. Instructions are in a few different languages which is nice. I really only need the English parts, but it's nice that the other languages are there. Really nice to have it for the sections that discuss the story of the car. That section is highlighted in the images below. The painting guide is pretty simple. Nice that the company that makes the kit also has a line of paint.










Next up a is a separate paper labeled "Tech Tips." What's on this page is a set of stencils for the masking of all of the windows. Pretty cool idea, but I don't know if they are necessary or not.


Next are the decals. They look pretty nice. Hopefully they work as good as they look.


Lastly are the parts of the kit. They look pretty nice. Looks nicer than the Camero kit I've been working on. I'm interested in seeing how this kit goes together.




Well that's all. After the holidays I'll probably start snapping this guy together. So until then...

1 comment: