Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Kit Building - 1/100 MG Aile Strike (Part 1)

Feeling the need to snap a kit together. Went to the backlog and pulled out the 1/100 MG Aile Strike. With the announcement of the 2.0 version, I wanted to see why a new version is needed. I mean the kit is only 10 years old. So in this build I will be pointing out things that I think will be different in the 2.0 and areas that I feel should be improved.

First up is the cockpit.



So the one thing I noticed here is difference in waist articulation. There's just a ball joint that I assume that plugs into the waist. I expect that they'll add some articulation just below the chest armor like so many of the newer kits. 

Moving on, the rest of the chest.




So the picture is a little blurry, but there are screws that go into the arm joints. I can't imagine that will be the case in the 2.0. Not even sure why they are even needed. Arms aren't that big and neither are the weapons. I'm guessing that this joint will fixed so that it can slide out.



Armor parts for the chest look good. I assume there's going to be some minor changes here to allow for some changes in the inner frame.

Up next is the head.




From the front the head looks good. But from the side, you can see a pretty nasty seam line. I suspect they'll redesign this, but I'm sure there will still be a seam line. Would be nice if this guy could have an LED, but that may be a bit of a reach.

Until the next part...

No comments:

Post a Comment