Sunday, December 23, 2012

Kit Building - 1/100 MG Aile Strike (Part 6)

Time for final assembly.



Kit looks good. Obviously it's back heavy. I'm willing to bet that wont be fixed in the 2.0. Hand doesn't hold the gun well. I assume this will be fix and the hand will be fix posed. Not a fan of fixed posed hands, but I understand why they changed.

Also get a nice little bonus with this kit, a launch pad action base.



Base looks pretty amazing. Big fan of this. Seems unlikely that it will make the 2.0.

Putting the kit on the base...



Kit fits really good on the base. It's also very sturdy. If you've got the space, this is a great base. Wish Bandai would put this out as an Action Base 4.

Final Thoughts...
This kit is pretty solid. Articulation in the arms and legs are what you expect from an MG. Waist could use some help in the articulation department. I assume there will be so details added to the armor. Hopefully there will be backing parts to the skirt armor and the shield. Love the action base, but I don't think it will make the 2.0 upgrade. It's pretty obvious that the kit is outdated compared to the newest master grades, but I don't think it's so bad that it needs a 2.0. There are so many suits that don't have an MG (DOUBLE X!!!!!!) that I would rather have than a 2.0 Aile Strike. And I would be saying that even if I didn't have the 1.0. Hopefully there's something unexpected in the 2.0 that makes it worth getting for those that have the original.

No comments:

Post a Comment